Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sasuke Uchiha's Shippuden Shoes





I see a lot of people posting pictures of 'Shinobi Sandals' and stuff that look absolutely nothing like Uchiha Sasuke's Shippuden shoes. So since I'm going to Anime Boston this year, I thought I'd tackle the shoes. They came out so good that I got motivated to share and so here I am.
1) I bought a pair of galoshes from Target and cut them up, leaving the 'strap' you see here. I later made the cuts more 'square' if you will.
2) Then I covered them with black cloth, which I glued onto the cloth lining of the galoshes with Titebond wood glue. It's much better than 'craft glue' or that tacky craft stuff.
3) After that, I basically made some spats. I made a pattern first by tracing the outline of my leg onto a piece of muslin so I would have the right shape, then I measured the circumference of my leg at the critical points: ankle, lower calf, mid-calf and under the knee. I added a half inch to each pattern piece for a seam allowance, then sewed up the front and attatched the zipper to the back. Note that I serge the edges of everything I sew to reinforce the fabric and the overall piece.
The finished product, together with the pants. They are supposed to go up to the knee, and then the pants sort of blouse over the top of them. below is a picture of Sasuke's actual shoes. Glad to share.

2 comments: